The ACHS Satellite Campus is designed to deliver a 21st-century curriculum that is flexible in scheduling and student-centered in support. This opportunity prepares students to compete in the global marketplace, but with a down-to-earth approach that recognizes the challenges that students may sometimes face in completing education.
ACHS Satellite Campus Highlights
- The ACHS Satellite Campus allows students to select a school session (morning or afternoon) that works best for their particular schedule. Many of our students require a more flexible schedule than commonly available in a traditional high school setting. However, there is a daily and weekly attendance expectation.
- Each ACHS Satellite student is assigned an academic adviser who carefully monitors student progress.
- ACHS Satellite students are able to participate in all extracurricular clubs and activities at Alexandria City High School, including sports.
- An athlete with a schedule that doesn't adhere to a traditional school day?
- A student who prefers to learn in a smaller and quieter environment?
- A student who works outside the school day to support your family and needs flexible school times?
- A student who would like to graduate early?
If so, please complete our interest form and we will be in touch!
Can students/families visit Satellite prior to deciding to apply for admission?
Absolutely! We welcome student and family visits. Please note that tours/visits must be scheduled in advance with Satellite. Please call Satellite at 703-619-8400 to schedule.
Who can attend the ACHS Satellite Campus?
Current Alexandria City High School students in grades 9-12 may apply for admission to Satellite. Rising 9th-grade students may apply during the spring of their 8th-grade year for admission to Satellite in the fall of their freshmen year.
Additionally, the Student Support Team (SST) monitors students’ social, emotional, and academic learning and provides interventions as needed. The SST works in collaboration with students’ academic advisors.
Student Support Team Members
Kristin Neil, School Counselor
Tamika Clark, School Social Worker
Teresa Gordon, School Psychologist
Fredericka L. Smith, Campus Administrator