Many soon-to-be Titan graduates consider Senior Experience a highlight of their high school journey. As always, progress toward graduation and post-secondary success is the priority. Those students who can end their 4th quarter two weeks early without negatively affecting their ability to graduate in June will be eligible to participate in a two-week internship or service project of their choosing.
Who? Seniors who can meet all graduation requirements and successfully complete all current courses while participating in an off-campus program during the last two weeks of instruction prior to graduation.
What? A two-week unpaid career exploration or community service experience, under the supervision of an approved mentor, that is designed and executed by the student. Some assistance identifying possible mentors or placements is available, but students are not assigned to mentors or provided with a list of placements from which to choose.
When? Begins three weeks prior to graduation and ends with a required Capstone Presentation on Tuesday after Memorial Day (via Zoom).
Where? Nearby or far away! Any organization that is not a current employer or any mentor that is not an immediate family member.
Why? Senior Experience is a transition between the classroom and the adult world that may solidify future plans or change your mind!
How? Meet all graduation and course requirements. Complete all program forms and documents on time. Conduct yourself professionally during Senior Experience. Return to participate in the Capstone Presentation.
Students are encouraged to visit School Counseling Resource Center on their Canvas dashboard and click the link for Senior Experience.
Mrs. Hawn is available at email@example.com to answer any questions and provide additional information.
- The grade in each class prior to the start of Senior Experience will be the 4th quarter grade. Students must complete all major assignments before that date.
- Students are not exempt from SOL or final exams.
- Students may access detailed information and a link to the Interest Form on Canvas (School Counseling Resource Center / Senior Experience).
- Students do not need to have an internship/service project confirmed before submitting an interest form.
- Submitting an interest form does not obligate a student to participate.