Many soon-to-be Titan graduates consider Senior Experience a highlight of their high school journey. As always, progress toward graduation and post-secondary success is the priority. Those students who can end their 4th quarter on May 13 without negatively affecting their ability to graduate in June will be eligible to participate in a two-week internship or service project of their choosing from May 16 - May 27.
- The grade in each class on May 13 will become the 4th quarter grade. Students must complete all major assignments before that date.
- Students are not exempt from SOL or final exams.
- Students may access detailed information and a link to the Interest Form on Canvas (School Counseling Resource Center / Senior Experience).
- Students do not need to have an internship/service project confirmed before submitting an interest form.
- Submitting an interest form does not obligate a student to participate.
Who? Seniors who meet all graduation requirements and successfully complete all current courses while participating in an off-campus program during the last two weeks of instruction prior to graduation.
What? A two-week unpaid career exploration or community service experience, under the supervision of an approved mentor, that is designed and executed by the student. Some assistance identifying possible mentors or placements is available, but students are not assigned to mentors or provided with a list of placements from which to choose.
When? Monday, May 16 - Friday, May 27, 2022 along with a required Capstone Presentation on Tuesday, May 31 (Zoom).
Where? Nearby or far away! Any organization that is not a current employer or mentor that is not an immediate family member.
Why? Senior Experience is a transition between the classroom and the adult world that may solidify future plans or change your mind!
How? Meet all graduation and course requirements. Complete all program forms and documents on time. Conduct yourself professionally during Senior Experience. Return to participate in the Capstone Presentation.
Students are encouraged to visit School Counseling Resource Center on their Canvas dashboard and click the link for Senior Experience.
School Counseling Support Specialist Marianne Hawn has coordinated the program for several years. She is available at email@example.com to answer any questions and provide additional information.